Name: Daniel Nicklin
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom
Occupation: Powertrain Systems Engineer
A versatile and experienced Mechanical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of powertrain systems in the automotive industry. Hold a strong desire to face new challenges in order to continuously learn and expand on current skills. Invaluable experience of working abroad and leading projects between international teams, understanding the different approaches to working collaboratively in order to achieve the same goal.
|October 2015 – Present||
Denso Sales Ltd, Coventry
The UK engineering office provide technical support to Automotive OEMs within Europe using a range of testing facilities.
|January 2017 – September 2017||
DENSO Corporation, Nagoya, Japan
DENSO are a leading global supplier of automotive technology, systems and components for major automotive manufacturers.
|September 2011 – July 2015||
UWE Formula Student Team, Bristol
Formula Student is an international competition that challenges teams of University students to design, build and race a fully working race car.
|July 2013 – March 2014||
Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd, Worcester
Mazak are a large global manufacturer of computer-controlled machine tools. Worcester is the European headquarters and main manufacturing site.
|April 2013 –
Global Design Solutions Ltd, Bristol
GDS provide bespoke wireless lighting components and systems to theatres worldwide
|2011 – 2015||
University of West England, Bristol
First Class Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
Final Year Modules Included: Energy Technologies, Computational Methods, Composite Engineering and Dynamics and Control
Previous Modules Included: Group Project and Management, Stress and Dynamics, Thermodynamics and Fluids, Mechatronics, Electrical Interfaces and Mathematics
|2008 – 2011||
Worcester Sixth Form College, Worcester
AS Levels Studied: Chemistry (C), Photography(A)
|2003 – 2008||
The Chantry High School, Worcester
Attained 13 GCSE’s with grades ranging from C to A*.
|July 2018||IMechE Managing Engineering Projects|
- Strong interest in travelling abroad, immersing in local culture and learning languages. Currently learning German and Japanese.
- Regularly active and outdoors taking part in competitive events for running, cycling and skiing
- Strong interest in sustainable engineering, alternative energy and designing for the future
- Interest in Photography and venturing into filmmaking
- Self-taught interest in web development and graphic design using HTML, CSS and WordPress. This has been useful in creating this personal portfolio (danicklin.co.uk)
You can contact me via email and I will provide a (.pdf) version of my CV on request.