Name: Daniel Nicklin
Location: Coventry, United Kingdom
Occupation: Powertrain Systems Engineer
Versatile Mechanical Engineer that can quickly adapt to new and changing situations. During a nine month work placement I developed creative and innovative solutions while working within set resource and time constraints. Keen to learn new skills and gain valuable experience, but also willing to share knowledge and teach others.
- Proficient at using Solidworks, producing accurate models and technical engineering drawings
Working knowledge of conducting FEA and CFD simulations using Ansys and Abaqus CAE packages
- Basic knowledge of Visual Basic, and web development using HTML, CSS and WordPress. This has been useful in running this personal blog
- Adept at using all Microsoft Office Applications, producing professional reports and presentations
- Self-taught knowledge in electrical systems and the application of microcontrollers with experience of the Arduino environment
- Competent and comfortable at using workshop equipment including milling machines and lathes in a safe manner
- Experienced in producing components using a variety of hand-on methods including, wood work, fibre glassing and metal fabrication
- Affiliate member of the IMechE, with a desire to achieve chartered status
- Certified first aider (HSE: First aid at work course)
- Experienced driver with a full clean UK driving license (5 Years)
- Strong interest in travelling and learning languages. Currently learning German and Japanese
- As a new member of the University’s Ski Race Team, I regularly attend both training and social events. I have vastly improved my skiing and taken part in competitive races against other Universities.
- I enjoy visiting live music events in and around Bristol including festivals, small clubs and bars.
- Strong interest in sustainable engineering, alternative energy and designing for the future.
|October 2015 – Present||
Denso Sales Ltd, Coventry
|September 2011 – July 2015||
UWE Formula Student Team, Bristol
|July 2013 – March 2014||
Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd, Worcester
|April 2013 –
Global Design Solutions Ltd, Bristol
|November 2009 – February 2010||
Fluid Solutions, Worcester
|2011 – 2015||
University of West England, Bristol
First Class Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons)
Final Year Modules Included: Energy Technologies, Computational Methods, Composite Engineering and Dynamics and Control
Previous Modules Included: Group Project and Management, Stress and Dynamics, Thermodynamics and Fluids, Mechatronics, Electrical Interfaces and Mathematics
|2008 – 2011||
Worcester Sixth Form College, Worcester
AS Levels Studied: Chemistry (C), Photography(A)
|2003 – 2008||
The Chantry High School, Worcester
Attained 13 GCSE’s with grades ranging from C to A*.
You can contact me via email and I will provide a (.pdf) version of my CV on request.